London Councils Homelessness PLUS – Pan-London Umbrella Support for Homelessness Agencies.
LDAN is working with Homeless Link and Shelter to support frontline services that provide services to homeless people. Funded by London Councils and running from April 2013 to March 2015, the project aims to provide support, specialist advice, training, capacity building opportunities and a full-range of other infrastructure support to front-line agencies providing support to equalities groups around homelessness.
Homelessness PLUS consists of:
- Forums – focussing on recent policy changes, innovations in service delivery and to network with colleagues
- Good practice events – focussing on topics such as health, welfare reform, homeless women and young homeless people
- Training – face to face as well as webinars, podcasts and e-learning courses, for example homelessness law, allocations, funding and equalities
- A mentoring programme – including mentoring skills training and matching scheme
- Briefings – including homelessness policy, welfare reform and homelessness statistics
- A monthly ebulletin – including details of homelessness related events, news, funding and partnership working opportunities and agency news
- Bi-monthly LDAN News – looking at drug and alcohol issues in London in detail
- Information and support – around diversifying funding, partnership opportunities and improving services to protected equalities groups
- Information on trends – for example young homeless people and homeless migrants.
Homelessness PLUS is aiming to provide support and advice to over 200 agencies, and more personalised support to at least 2 agencies from every London borough.
About London Councils:
London Councils is committed to fighting for more resources for London and getting the best possible deal for London’s 33 councils. To read about London Councils’ grants funding and the work of some of the groups we support please visit www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/grants
LDAN has produced a report on homelessness providing an overview and update of key issues for policy and practice, and summarising some of the topics explored at the LDAN forums, as well as highlighting innovations in meeting the needs of rough sleepers and homeless individuals with histories of dependency and complex needs. It also provides directions to the resources accrued over the lifetime of the project, which will remain on the LDAN website for the continued benefit of project participants and others.
LDAN has produced to support the work of the forum. Reviewing the major elements of Government of policy and recent trends over the last 12 months, the briefing is designed to support the needs of frontline staff, policy officers and anyone else working in the substance misuse and homelessness sectors.